We just talked about fermented foods last Friday and how they are beneficial for your gut health! Tempeh is a fermented soy product that originates in Indonesia and it’s a great meat alternative. It’s tasty and has a dense texture. You can grill, fry or saute… easier to use than you might think! This vegan recipe below is gluten free, dairy free and sugar free!
Tempeh Steak Recipe
- 200g Tempeh (with non-GMO soy) organic where possible
- 1 Tbsp Organic Tamari or @bragglivefoods Liquid Aminos
- 1Tbsp Filtered water
- 1 Tsp Xylitol or coconut sugar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 small head of ginger, ground
- 1 Tbsp Coconut oil
- Slice the tempeh so they’re 1cm thick.
- Mix the sweetener into the tamari then add the garlic and ginger.
- Place the mixture into a shallow tray and soak and marinade the tempeh in it for 20 min.
- Fry the tempeh on a hot frying pan with the coconut oil. Cook each side for a few minutes until crispy. Add the remaining liquid from the marinade and let it cook until reduced.
- Serve and enjoy!