We thought we’d share an indulgent yet healthy dessert recipe that would do well this holiday season! We named these nutty (almost raw) vegan bites ‘Reece’s Nieces’ because they taste almost like the peanut buttery chocolates (but they’re WAY healthier & we use almond butter instead)! They'll disappear quickly at an upcoming Christmas party and no one will suspect how healthy they are! They aren’t 100% raw because they have cooked chick peas but they are vegan, gluten free, grain free, dairy free and sugar free.
*Makes around 30 pieces*
- 300g cooked organic chick peas
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour
- 2 Tbsp almond flour
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp of raw nut butter (we used almond)
- 2 Tbsp almond essence
- 3 Tbsp date paste/ date syrup or maple syrup
- Raw chocolate (see below for recipe)
- Add these ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. These ingredients do get thick... if this prevents the blade from moving, add a little coconut cream a tablespoon at a time, just to get the blade moving again.
It should look like this in the blender...
- Put the mixture in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Form balls around the size of a generous teaspoon size. Dip into melted chocolate.
To make your own raw chocolate
In a glass bowl over a pan of hot water, melt:
- 3 heaped tbsp of raw cacao powder
- 3 tbsp of raw cacao butter (you can use coconut oil if you don’t have this)
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 2 level tbsp sweetener, either: coconut sugar, raw honey or Xylitol