Easter is coming and we all know what that means … CHOCOLATE! Luckily, we can now buy some great raw, vegan, sugar-free chocolate (or combinations of those) fairly easily. But, just in case you feel deprived and want a big chunk of cake or chocolate, we’ve got a guilt-free chocolate brownie recipe which delivers! It’s a quick (less than 30 minutes from start to finish!) and easy recipe to please family and friends – no matter what their dietary preferences. (WARNING: it does contain nuts!)
Grain-Free Vegan Chocolate Brownie Recipe
- 1/2 cup mashed avocado (about 1/2 an avocado)
- 1/2 cup cooked sweet potato
- 1/2 cup creamy nut butter (almond, cashew, peanut is the cheapest but not the healthiest!)
- 1/2 cup of chopped dark chocolate (you can either use a 70%- 85% regular like Green & Blacks which is dairy free but does contain sugar or vegan choc chips or whatever you like! )
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup/or honey
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (that’s the thicker stuff that comes from a tin or made from water and a coconut block)
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- Preheat the oven to 325° F/170 C.
- Line a medium square baking tin (the brownie should be around1.5inch/4cm thick) with grease proof paper, and/or grease it with coconut oil.
- Put all the ingredients (apart from the chocolate) in a blend and blend until smooth then add the chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into the tin (it will be sticky and thick) and use a spoon to level the top across evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a knife comes out of the centre cleanly.
- Leave it to cool and cut into squares.