10th October is World Porridge Day! We’re celebrating with this Apple Pie Porridge recipe that uses our grain-free Super-Porridge. It’s got apples, sultanas, walnuts and spices – everything to warm you up and give you energy for the day!
- 4 tbsp (50g) Dr Gaye Super-Porridge
- 250 ml almond milk or coconut milk
- 2 tbsp raw almond butter
- 2 dates, roughly chopped or 1 tbsp sultanas/raisins
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 vanilla pod (optional)
- 1 apple, finely chopped
- chopped pecans or walnuts
- Add all spices, almond butter and apple to milk in a saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Blend in a blender until thick and smooth.
- Transfer back to saucepan, stir in raisins or dates and Super-Porridge. Heat gently until warm.
- If you're on a raw food diet, you can use a thermometer to ensure it doesn't heat above 40°C (110°F).
- Serve with chopped walnuts or pecans and drizzle with raw honey (if you have a sweet tooth) and grate over some fresh apple.